Campagnolo SUPER RECORD 12X2 SPEED CRANKSET
The new Super Record™ 12×2 Speed crankset: an intense concentration of innovation that results in the greatest possible stiffness and precision in derailing, whilst providing a dedicated aerodynamic “super design”.
The new carbon fibre Super Record™ 12×2 Speed crankset has been made lighter on the inside through Campagnolo Hollow Technology, which uses the Ultra-Torque bracket system with a titanium axle to transfer all of the force the athlete applies to the pedal to the drivetrain. The new Super Record™ 12×2 Speed crankset can be installed on any type of frame, whether or not it is being used with disc brakes because it optimises the chain line on the frame with a rear hub flange measuring 130, 135 or 142 millimetres, without affecting the Q factor, which remains constant at 145.5 millimetres thanks to the new hand crank design.
The use of ceramic Cult bearings leads to obtaining the smooth ride that the Campagnolo brand is known for. The innovative design of the outer chainring ensures faster, quieter derailing owing to the contoured pin. The symmetrical design of the inner chainring teeth allows improved stability with chain crossovers. The double wheel sizing standards (112 and 145 millimetres) combined with the eight fixing screws, optimises weight and stiffness through the increased use of carbon fibre.
The varying number of pins for each of the three chainring combinations (34/50, 36/52, 39/53) facilitates upshifting due to the optimised free strokes associated with each combination. The special drains on the inside of the outer chainrings optimise performance when downshifting in dead spots.
Features & Benefits
- New design, same dimensions
- The right hand crank arms are coupled two by two in the zones subject to greater force applied by the cyclist
- Unchanged Q Factor (145.5)
- Unidirectional carbon fibre hand cranks, titanium axle and aluminium chainrings
- Symmetrical inner chainring teeth
- Optimised design for every chainring combination
- Double wheel sizing standards
- Superficial treatment of the chainrings for a longer lifespan